More than a month ago, I canceled my accounts at me2day, Facebook, twitter, and kakaotalk.
Here are some updates:
- I write far more blog posts than before.
- Now I find it very difficult to summarize my thoughts in less than 140 characters.
- I read substantially more books now.
- Now I use my iPhone mainly for listening to music.
- I lost contact with many of my friends who mainly use Facebook for communication. I am starting to forget who my friends were.
- Someone has picked up the account id that I abandoned at twitter. A case of identity takeover.
- I now realize I couldn’t have stopped using social network services without taking as drastic measures as canceling the accounts.